Fully rented for 2021-2022
1692 Ellis Hollow Road showcases the combined talents of Charlie and our sons. Besides including all the amenities of our other properties, our “Magnum Opus”
- Utilizes the same floor plan as all our Ellis Hollow duplexes, but the finishing touches make this place a standout.
- Virtually all the framing is done with lumber sawn by us, harvested here in Tompkins County, all of it salvaged from ice storm damage from a storm in the winter of 2005-2006.
- Note the huge beams that make up the ceiling/floor structure, and the wood trim around windows and doors, as well as the handmade doors themselves.
- The cabinets were made in our shop, constructed of maple lumber cut from an ice-felled tree on our home property on Hammond Hill.
- All appliances are Energy Star rated
- The wood for the stair system is black locust lumber cut from trees that we cleared off the house site in Ellis Hollow. They are a work of art and guaranteed not to squeak.
- We added a second story back deck to take advantage of the terrific views of the Ellis Hollow valley, a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the diversity of wildlife that thrives in the protected wildlife wetlands in the valley below.
- No carpet anywhere. We used waterborne polyurethanes as much as possible, and “no VOC” paints. The office floor is cork, a sustainable building material; the remainder of the first floor is ceramic tile, and the second floor is spruce.